The Client is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with operations in Alexandria, Virginia. They focus on three key critical areas; financial management, human resources, and contract management. Their back-office is founded on a DCAA-approved financial management system. Proprietary Enterprise Information Management (EIM) practice area frameworks and industry best practices including Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI-DEV) Level 3 software delivery methodologies and the Information Technology Infrastructure Library v3 (ITIL v3) enable the Client with the institutional knowledge necessary to execute projects on time, within budget, and with quality.
Also Read: Cyber Security – Multi-Factor Assessment
- The Client’s website of the client was developed in Drupal 6, which reached the end of life on February 24th, 2016
- The Client was not able to update the core Drupal system, resulting in security vulnerabilities and risks.
- The website was not mobile friendly and the key challenges were to upgrade the website with the latest software releases and make the website responsive to mobile and small form-factor devices while keeping the initial user interface intact.
Also Read: Cloud Services
The iQuasar Solution
- iQuasar software team redeveloped the website using the latest Drupal 8 version.
- The development team used the bootstrap framework to make the website and its user interface responsive to different screen sizes.
- The development team’s work was done with the fundamental goal of keeping the initial user interface intact while upgrading the software and making the website responsive.
Service We Offer: Information Technology Services
How our solution created value for the Client:
As a result of our engagement, the client realized the following benefits:
- With the core Drupal 8 upgrade, the vulnerabilities and security risks to the Client website as a result of the outdated software are now mitigated.
- Client has a responsive website that renders smoothly on mobile and small form factor devices, increasing customer and prospect engagement with the Client’s website
- The returning customers and leads did not notice any changes as a result of the technology upgrades.