United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) is the Federal agency that grants U.S. patents and registers trademarks. The mission of USPTO is to administer the laws and regulations related to patents and trademarks in order to promote industrial and technical progress in the United States and strengthen the national economy. The USPTO carries out its mission by examining patent and trademark applications, issuing patents and registering trademarks, disseminating patent and trademark information to the public, and by encouraging a domestic and international climate in which intellectual property can flourish.
- USPTO was in need of Helpdesk staff to manage and administer data access through the use of security software, assignment of access rules, and provisioning of user identifiers and passwords
- Our mission was to provide technical support for desktop software, hardware, and account administration for internal USPTO resources.
- USPTO also needed experienced Helpdesk staff for the Electronic Business Support (EBS), a sub-group which is the primary point of contact for public customers of USPTO, reporting problems or asking questions related to the application systems available on the USPTO website (www.uspto.gov).
- USPTO also required staffing support for additional IT infrastructure enhancement projects that included Trademark Next Generation Data Modeling & Data Architecture, Database Development & Administration, Altiris Administration, Crystal Reports Integration, Java J2EE, SOA Governance and Strategy, Storage, Disaster Recovery, Backup Strategy and Management, Content Management System Support (CMS), Documentum, etc.
The iQuasar Solution
- iQuasar initiated the USPTO engagement with assigning a Recruitment Manager to lead an experienced recruiting team, who are well qualified in providing technical and management staff.
- We made efficient use of our tools and methodologies to deliver staff on time and within budget, processing candidates for required capabilities as per the job descriptions.
- Our team did a thorough review of the resumes and selected the best fits. These resumes were submitted to our internal Subject Matter Experts for technical interviews and then to the Recruitment Manager for submission to the USPTO for final selection.
- Our team ensured compliance with policies, procedures, regulations, and laws as per the Government and USPTO norms, conducting background and reference checks.
You may also be interested in: Helpdesk Services
How our solution created value for the Client:
The Client was highly satisfied with our services since we were able to deliver in time, within their budget, and with the expected quality. Here are the key benefits of our services that the Client realized:
- We presented a smaller number of select resumes to the Client for the Helpdesk and other positions, which helped them in:
- making a faster decision by having them talk to only a few select candidates
- reducing the manager’s hiring cycle time
- iQuasar designated a dedicated Recruitment Manager as a single point of contact, allowing smooth and timely communication for the Client
- We utilized experienced Technical Recruiters and Subject Matter Experts, who qualified the candidates based on the unique Helpdesk and other project requirements, resulting in the desired high quality
- The position requirements were captured with a high degree of accuracy as a result of adherence to our internal iQHire© process; this helped reduce potential rework and optimized the time of USPTO resources