Our marine industry client needed assistance managing and displaying GIS data for ocean, seafloor, and coastal areas. For this purpose, they required an Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) ArcGIS specialist to set up this capability within a tight deadline for a short-term project, requiring expertise to meet specific time constraints.
The Challenges / Opportunities
- Tight Deadline: The client had a pressing deadline for project commencement. They were looking to start working on it within a week.
- Niche Skill Set: The Position required experience with ArcGIS, Managing Vector, Raster, and Grid data sets within ArcGIS, Setting up GeoDataBases, and Incorporating external data such as GEBCO, Admiralty AVCS.
- Experienced Candidate Requirement: The project demanded an experienced GIS specialist who had prior experience and could start on the project immediately.
- Shorter Contract Timeline: The project had a shorter duration, requiring prompt resource allocation and a candidate willing to work for such a short duration. It is difficult to find efficient candidates for short-duration projects.
- Salary Constraints: A budget limitation poses challenges in attracting the right talent. Attracting top talent for a position can be challenging when dealing with a limited budget and a short contract. The combination of these factors often poses a hurdle in securing high-quality candidates.
The iQuasar Solution
- Tailored Recruitment Strategy: Our team of expert recruiters here at iQuasar meticulously analyzed the unique needs of the client, taking into consideration the specific requirements of the GIS specialist position. Our team worked collaboratively with the client to understand the technical nuances of their industry, ensuring a tailored recruitment strategy aligned with the industry’s demands.
- Proactive Candidate Identification: We implemented a proactive approach to candidate identification to address the niche skill set and experienced candidate requirement; leveraging our extensive network and industry expertise, we conducted targeted searches to identify potential candidates with specialized GIS skills and relevant experience in marine projects.
- Strategic Job Postings: Recognizing the importance of reaching the right talent, iQuasar strategically posted job openings across multiple platforms. This approach aimed to maximize visibility within the GIS community and marine industry, attracting a diverse pool of qualified candidates.
- Efficient Communication Channels: iQuasar established efficient communication channels with the client, ensuring a seamless exchange of information. Regular updates on the recruitment progress, candidate profiles, and feedback facilitated a transparent and collaborative hiring process.
- Vast Internal Database: We leveraged our extensive network and privileged access to a wide range of skilled professionals, including veterans and candidates from federal pools, through specialized portals to find the right GIS specialist for the client within the desired timeframe.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Navigating the challenges of a shorter contract timeline and salary constraints required a high degree of flexibility. iQuasar demonstrated adaptability in adjusting recruitment strategies, swiftly addressing client concerns, and optimizing the hiring process for timely results.
Following a proactive approach, innovative solutions, and effective communication backed by experience, we filled the position within three days. Our candidate received an offer on the fourth day, which he immediately accepted.
How our Solution Created Value for the Client?
Our placement proved invaluable to the client in several ways:
- Immediate Project Initiation: Filling the position within the tight deadline allowed the client to commence work promptly.
- Time and Cost Savings: The swift placement saved significant time and cost for the client. Our timely efforts contributed to completing the project within the stipulated timeframe.
- Enhanced Reputation: Successful project delivery enhanced the client’s reputation within their customer base.
- Extended Contract and Utilization on Other Projects: Impressed by the candidate’s work, the client extended the initial 3-month contract, utilizing the candidate on other projects as well.